- This event has passed.
Yamuna Anatomy U — The Back
April 21 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until April 23, 2017
Organized by: Yamuna USA
I created Anatomy U because I believe the best way to learn about how the muscles and other soft tissue move the body is through experiencing this first hand in your own laboratory, YOUR BODY. Learning about muscles from a book, or dissection does not give you the sensations live muscles CAN when they are palpated and worked from their origins to insertions, in their natural order.
Anatomy U makes your body your self study. You learn to feel how your muscles communicate with you and give you valuable information to be able to problem solve while feeling the interconnectedness of muscles in an area and actually far from the muscle being worked. As your body is feeling the sensation of the muscle you are working, your mind is processing the information being received. This allows you to develop your problem solving skills in your own body and then be able to translate this if you work with other people professionally.
Anatomy U is divided into modules and each module contains all the muscles of a specific area of the body. Let’s say you wanted to explore the muscles of your posterior leg. You would click on this segment and begin to work each muscle one at a time. After working each muscle it is suggested to observe, feel, and move the part of the body the muscle is in to see what changes you feel from working the muscle. It is suggested to lie down after working a muscle to feel it and its effect on the whole body first. Then stand to feel the effects from an upright position. Next, you choose another muscle in this module and watch how you build this body part to stand taller, freer and with greater range of motion.
What better way is there to get your body into its best working potential than to do it yourself and learn your anatomy as you go?
PROFESSIONAL ANATOMY U TRAINING PROGRAM
Adding this anatomy training to your practice will bring you a great tool when working with your client and patients helping them to problem solve with a visual and practical format. This anatomy program helps you to teach them how to be proactive and be part of their own problem solving journey. You will be raising the quality of your practice. People want to see, and understand and be proactive when there is a problem in their bodies. Being able to show a person the muscles in a body part and how to work each one enabling the person to be part of his problem solving is huge.
What the Anatomy Lab will provide you:
- You will learn how to work each muscle in every module from origin to insertion and really learn how these muscles feel and function through experience not book or dissection classes.
- You will learn how to begin the problem solving journey making the determination of how to choose the next muscle to work based on : knowledge of the injury, if any, range of motion restriction, where and how within the joint, present workout, assessing form, function, and restriction within the exercises where restriction is felt.
- You will learn how to demonstrate and explain to clients which muscles to begin working on and have the ability to send them the specific muscles to be worked.
- You will learn how to use Anatomy Lab as part of your personal training sessions with clients to start a session and demonstrate improved function when muscles are identified and awakened prior to training.
- You will learn how to teach a group fitness class using the Anatomy U modules to educate more people at once. It is easy to offer these classes as self help offerings.
- You will be provided with a written manual for each segment of the training to use as your anatomy guide to problem solving for yourself and your clients.
FORMAT OF ANATOMY LAB TRAININGS:
*Each Anatomy Lab is taught in 3 days. Each module is 18 hours of study
*Each muscle is explored within the app, each person has time to explore how to use the program to view the muscle from every angle to best help other understand the function and location of a muscle.
- The hands-on practice of using a module will be done in group studies to make sure every student can easily work the Anatomy U program
- Each participant will learn how to experientially work each muscle within the module and record the messages they receive from each muscle as it is worked.
*Problem solving for each muscle is studied.
*Understanding of the fitness choices of each client/patient and how to determine which order of muscles to work based on the activities most practiced by the client the client.
- Learn how to use the Anatomy U program during rehab to more rapidly assist rehabilitation
- Q&A sessions during the study of each muscle.