- This event has passed.
Learn the Essence of Qigong Healing
May 7, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, repeating until June 25, 2018
All levels welcome. you can drop in for just one class or come every week. This series will include both lecture and qigong practice and is taught by Dr. Linda Y. Qiu. Dr. Qiu has dedicated her life to the practice and research of Qigong. She is a MD from China who teaches at various colleges in Manhattan. Her class usually has 15-20 students.
Lecture will be on the following:
· About the Holistic Mind Body
· The effect of mind on life activities
· Connecting the mind with the body
· Actively guiding the mind
· True signal within the noisy thoughts
· The Dao of nature and society
· The middle way of the mind
· Detaching and expanding the mind
· Cultivating the higher self
· Organizing the Qi field
Practice will include:
· Observing and guiding the mind meditation
· Center channel breathing meditation
· Three centers merge standing meditation
· Lift Qi Up Pour Qi Down Method
· La Qi healing
Linda Y. Qiu, LAc, MD
Linda Y. Qiu is a TCM practitioner, professor, researcher, and teacher. Before moving to the U.S. in 2001, Qiu both practiced traditional Chinese medicine and taught foreign students in a teaching hospital of Beijing University of TCM. Since then, Qiu has been an instructor and later director of the Integral Studies Department at Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin (AOMA). Besides keeping an active clinical practice, Qiu teaches medical Qigong, acupuncture, history and philosophy of Chinese medicine, and taiji.
Linda Y. Qiu started to practice medical Qigong in 1990 and started her study of acupuncture and Chinese medicine in 1991. Spiritual health, pain management, stress management, women’s health and cancer care are fields of interest for her. Qiu has published many papers and books in several research fields, including Qigong acupuncture, acupuncture treatments for various diseases, needle techniques, fundamental theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as well as the history of Chinese medicine.