- This event has passed.
The Genius of Flexibility: Level I Resistance Flexibility™ Affiliate Certification Training
April 8, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm EDT
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until April 9, 2017
Principles of RF, Beginner Self & Assisted RF
This event is open to all ages, abilities, and levels of experience.
The only prerequisite is an interest!
This is a great way to be introduced to Resistance Flexibility for personal or professional gain.
Sign up by April 2nd: $500
Includes six months of free access to The Genius of Flexibility’s Training Archive ($114 value)
About Resistance Flexibility
The Genius of Flexibility introduces the Resistance Flexibility™ (RF) training of Bob Cooley. Resistance Flexibility advances and unites physical therapy, yoga, personal training, psychology, traditional Chinese medicine, and Genetic Personality Type theory.
Resistance Flexibility is a unique, hands-on modality used to develop athletes and performers, rehabilitate the severely and ordinarily injured, and help people of all walks of life achieve their goals. Based on an original biomechanical and energetic analysis of the body and personality, RF achieves unprecedented results.
This intensive is designed to introduce participants to the concepts, principles, and practice of RF. This includes basic self stretches, basic assisted stretches, mashing, and an introduction to the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual upgrades that RF can facilitate.
This course includes lots of physical activity, but you work at your own pace. Variations are taught for every exercise allowing people of all ages and abilities to fully participate.
One of the primary goals of this training is for each participant to leave knowing at least one self stretch and one assisted stretch that they are comfortable performing for each of the body’s 16 major muscle groups.
Another primary goal is to introduce participants to our growing community of health enthusiasts that are continually developing each other’s health through assisted stretching and the sharing of perspective.
The Affiliate Certification Training is designed for two categories of people:
- Individuals who are interested in practicing Resistance Flexibility to accelerate their personal development
- Individuals who are interested in becoming a certified trainer
Those interested in training others professionally should know that the distinguishing feature of The Genius of Flexibility’s training programs when compared to other modalities is our priority on improving the health of the trainer before the health of the client. The true measure of success for our trainers is not what they can provide for the client, but instead how developed they are themselves – physically, psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually. We believe the trainer must first embody the changes possible through RF before they will ever be able to provide an optimal RF experience for others. This is not a program to train normal fitness professionals.
Those interested in personal development will be provided with a powerful tool to improve all aspects of their flexibility along with community support from others who regularly practice self and assisted stretching.
Preview of Concepts Covered
This course will teach you new concepts about flexibility such as…
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- You must continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia which results in immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle’s ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- Stretching is not just a solo activity. Maximal results require the participation of others through assisted stretching.
- …and so much more!