- This event has passed.
Help CRS Plan Future Community Events— 9/29
January 14, 2016 @ 1:39 pm EST
Help us to plan and produce future events & actions! With more help, we can achieve more. Who wants to get involved?!
We will hold an introductory organizational meeting on Sunday, Sept 29 from 1 – 2:30 pm, where you can bring in your ideas and we can start to create a road-map for Think Act Change NYC. How can those of us who are here participating now best work TOGETHER? What is the best use of our time, talents and passion? We can have these meetings periodically as more people join (or get busy and step away) and try to develop these projects organically.
If you would like to get involved but can’t attend this time, let us know. There will be other chances!
An agenda for this initial planning meeting might go something like this (but feel free to make suggestions by leaving comments or emailing one of us!):
1) Introductions — introduce yourself, your background, interests, and talents
2) Discuss help needed to make projects more impactful and who would like to do what. A lot goes into planning effective events, from choosing projects, recruiting guest speakers, publicizing events, reaching out to sympathetic groups, identifying actions that can be taken, organizing the actions, preparing written materials (or distribute online only?) and evaluating outcomes.
3) Should we try to fill roles on an ongoing basis or per project? Should we try to recruit additional people with specific abilities/connections to fill some of these roles?
4) Suggest & discuss ideas for future events & actions.
5) Suggest & discuss ideas for fundraising to pay for the programming.
About CRS (Center for Remembering & Sharing) and Social Activism
As you may know, CRS (Center for Remembering & Sharing) is a center for the teaching and practice of A Course in Miracles (ACIM). Many people see the Course as being solely about changing the mind rather than behavior, about finding peace in one’s own mind by accepting external circumstances (as being unimportant, indeed unreal) rather than trying to change them. However, the Course also says (in an earlier edition) that once your mind returns to love,
You now share my inability to tolerate the lack of love in yourself and in everyone else, and must join the Great Crusade to correct it. The slogan for this Crusade is ‘Listen, Learn, and Do.’ This means Listen to My Voice, Learn to undo the error, and do something to correct it. The first two are not enough. The real members of my party are active workers. — A Course in Miracles Urtext (T-1.26).
Therefore, we at CRS actively support all forms of social action that are motivated by love and the goal of undoing the obstacles to love in the world. That starts with changing our own minds by returning our own thoughts to love and then spreads when we help others to do the same.
Learn moreThink Act Change Web Site
September 2013291 – 2:30 pm